Saturday, November 18, 2006

Back to two

Yes, it's true, we are now back to being a two car family.
After getting the Mini sorted. We arranged to get the Ka a good valet ready for selling. The guy who did it is a friend of a friend. Word has it he's a bit pricey, but does a very good job. I dropped the keys in at his place and he came and picked it up last Thursday (9th). When I went to pay him, we got chatting and I mentioned that we were doing it up to sell. He asked how much we were looking for. I was going to advertise it for £1400, so told him so. He sucked his teeth a little (as they do) and said that would be how much he would want to sell it for. Anyway, he said he'd ask around.
Well, the weekend came and I paid to put it in the paper. On Wednesday, I got a call from the valeter. Did we still have it, as he had himself a buyer. Would we take a grand? Me & H had already decided that we would. It's got nearly a years tax on it, so I said I wanted the disc, but he had himself a deal. Everyone happy. He makes a few bob on the car. We get a quick sale without having to go through all the hassle of timewasters.

No comments: