Tuesday, April 17, 2007

A Samba In The Snowy Rain

I have proof! Yes indeed. Proof that there are people out there who read this. Either that or they're just looking for reasons to find embarassing photos of me!

Still, that inspires me somewhat to update this a little more frequently.

Coming in this issue - Titles, Myspace, Ants, Content, Music. Best get started then!

1. Titles
I thought I had responded to this somewhere in the past, but maybe not so here we go. If there's one thing that pains me, it's trying to think of titles for here and subjects in PMs etc.
Easy solution to this one. I'm nearly always listening to something when I type this up, so the title will simply become the title of the track that I'm listening to at the time. In the case it's by The Guillemots. More of them in the music section a bit later.

2. Myspace
Well this is still going strong. If you haven't had a look already, feel free to do so, the link is on the left hand side of this blog. If you're signed up too, feel free to add me.
I'm reasonably happy with it still and seem to be avoiding the chavspeak crap that first put me off it. Well, that is until I pay a visit to B2's site and see some of the comments on there ;o)
There is one thing that winds me up very slightly. That is the bloody stupid "about me" questionairre things that people seem intent on distributing. The occasional one is fine (so long as it's not too long), but some folk (looking at you, Chubbs! ;o)) send them out way too much. Normally they end with some bollocks about if you don't send it on, you will have seven years of bad luck or some such.
There is also a blog facility on there, but I think I'll stick with this format for now. Maybe add a link on there to here for now.

3. Ants
Well, summer is on it's way. I noticed some ants on the patio at the weekend, so I grabbed the antfarm and scooped them into it. I wasn't able to get that many, only about 6-7. I may try and get some more from the same place. Unfortunately, if they're not from the same next, they will kill each other though.
They are quite a bit smaller than the last lot, so I've had to seal the two air holes. Don't worry though, ants don't really need that much air, and I take the lid off daily. These seem very active too. They're running all over the place. They do keep stopping an having meetings. I'm not sure what about, but I'm preparing for an attack!

4. Content
I guess that this blog started off as the house project. It's progressed into general ramblings, but these are pretty much based around stuff that is actually going on. I was thinking about maybe moving into the genre of observation! What do you think?

5. Music
Ah yes, a subject very near to my heart.
I'm very pleased to say that over the past few months my music tastes have been broadened by chatting to people who have slightly different tastes to me (specifically Mazz & Razz). Some of you will know who I'm talking about.
I've still retained my previous taste, it's just expanded somewhat. So of late I have been listening to...
The Rakes
The Killers
The Kaiser Chiefs
Maximo Park
The Guillemots
Bright Eyes
And a very special mention goes to Kings Of Leon. This is a band who I never thought I would like. But they are now nudging at the best albums that I own!
Currently listening to The Holloways, who I saw as a support to The Rakes. They're very good too. They remind me lots of The Fratellis.

Right, that's your lot for now. Maybe more later!

No comments: