Saturday, May 08, 2010

Hello, on a wet Saturday!
Having treated myself to some bike shoes and some clipless pedals, I did intend to get out on the bike today. Unfortunately the weather is conspiring against me. The nearest I got was to get all togged up, get the bike out and practice fitting and taking foot out. I'm told that it's often the case that people new to clipless pedals end up falling over, as they can't get their foot out in time. Seems straight forward (famous last words!). Anyway, common sense prevailed and I decided not to get a soaking.

Right photos.
One of the techniques that I've always been a fan of is "colour popping". What this entails is having a black & white image, but just having a selection of it in colour. It takes a decent photo to actually achieve a really good look for this, but I've been practicing on some regular ones...

Before...


After...

I think it really helps in making the subject stand out.

I have also invested in a Wacom graphics tablet. It's taking some getting used to, but even with my feeble attempts I can see how it is much more useful than a mouse.

Right, back to the practicing...



No comments: