Sunday, August 01, 2010

Mon 28th Jun @ 09.30 - ish

Ouch! We certainly did see the last night out with a bang!

I remember Andy saying that he woke up to find glowsticks wrapped around his wrists. Took a while to remember where they had come from, "I don't even like raving", were his words.

All things must come to an end.

We quickly got packed up and wearily loaded all the bags. Pretty much taking everything that we had brought, save for the alcohol.

It was a LONG walk back to the car. We dropped Jo off part way. She was getting a bus to the train station to meet up with her mum and her boys for a week's holiday.
Myself, Andy & Ben kept on plodding.

The car was a welcome sight. Everything was dumped inside and we drove straight out. Not one queue. A real blessing.

The journey home was pretty uneventful. We stopped off for food at one point. It was amusing looking around the cafe and seeing the other tired, dirty looking travellers, all wearing the same distinctive wristband.

Ben was dropped off at Cambridge train station to head off back to Lincoln. The final two cracked on home with Andy a further half an hour or so.

So there way go. What an experience.

Can't finish without saying a huge big thanks to the people that I went with. They made it what is was.

Ben - what a character! A genuinely funny guy. Always good to have a good joke with. Came out with some classic, cutting lines. I still remember asking where his folding chair was? "Well, I went into a toilet with it, and came out without it". Brilliant!

Jo - my food-mate! An absolutely lovely person with a heart of gold. I managed to drag her up the hill and we enjoyed some great sights from there. I beat her on the fish curry and she beat me on the Tacos. Half a bottle of port each on the last night!

Andy - hard to believe that we only met on the Wednesday morning. I don't think either of us knew what to expect. Within a couple of days, it was if we had been best mates for years. Shared some really special times, not all revolving around alcohol.

So, what of the future?














I'll see you there!

No comments: