Friday, February 09, 2007

Was that winter?

The whole country got a little excited on Wednesday. Yes indeed, tonight we're going to have more snow than ever before! Talk about over-selling and under-delivering. It arrived in East Anglia at about 7am. It then continued snowing through until midday. Not bad, I hear you say. But no, it was fine powdery snow (the sort that soaks you through?!?). It did settle, but never really got beyond an inch or two. After it stopped snowing, it got mild rather quickly. Subsequently, it had pretty much gone by late afternoon.
I really hope that's not it for this winter. I really like extremes of weather and if that is all the snow that we are going to get, I want my money back please.

Ants are a big dissappointment. At last count, there were twelve. Talk about lethargic! I thought I had a breakthrough on Monday. Before I left for work, I dipped a cocktail stick in sugar and dropped it in for them. When I got home, they seemed all active - although still not discovered the art of tunneling.
It didn't take them long to revert back to their lazy ways though.
I guess I'm resigned to leaving them to it. Either they get off their fat arses and do something or come the warm weather, they'll be evicted in favour of better miners. It's harsh, but fair.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahh, you should've been in london. Snowed at 4am until lunchtime, lovely 5 inches of soft snow crunchin underfoot.

Kids were off school (as it was shut)and they had real old fashioned fun in the garden, a snowman was made after breakfast, and we had a snowball fight with our nieces. off then went to the park and we made snow angels etc. All this before lunchtime too. It was a wonderfull experience for the boys. Too bad school reopened today!