Wednesday, September 29, 2010

TP Part 1

As mentioned, Sunday 12th was to be Thorpe Park day. Been?

Satnav said 2.5 hours and who am I to argue?
So off we go.
Breakfast to be had ‘on the hoof’. Promised ourselves a McDonalds breakfast. I don’t mind Maccy Ds. I wouldn’t say that I crave them, but by the same token, I’m certainly not in the anti-fastfood brigade.
So the Tomtom came into its own (again). Plenty of Burger Kings en route, but no signs for McDonalds. The last time that I had a Burger King breakfast burger it was, let’s be honest, awful. A quick search and a preferred purveyor of lard-in-a-bun was found within yards of the M25. Time was approaching 9.30 and I was amazed at quite how busy it was. Anyway, enough rambling for now. Double sausage & egg McMuffin complete with hash brown and fresh orange. Onwards.

I’ll spare you the rest of the journey as it was not of any interest whatsoever.

And so we begin my worst visit to a theme park... ever.

Entry is fairly straight forward. A little bit of a queue, nothing major. Hand over our vouchers courtesy of Tesco Clubcards (other loyalty deals are available) and in we go.
On entry we choose to dive into the first available ride – Colossus. As we walk in, the sign says 80mins. That was an under-estimate. Fortunately it’s a nice day, so we act ever-so-British and queue politely.
After a good hour and a half, we get close to the front and across the tannoy comes an announcement that they are stopping the ride as someone has been sick. What? Are they not prepared for this sort of eventuality? No-one else seem particularly bothered by this, so I immediately start to wonder why. Is it...

a) Me that is being grossly impatient.
b) Others that are very mild mannered with regards to queuing
c) The average person in the queue has a very low IQ and therefore the concept of queuing amongst similar ‘beings’ for over an hour and a half, and then being told to wait for another indefinite amount of time just passes them by without worry.

I’m not sure. What do you think?

No comments: