Tuesday, October 31, 2006

More Car Drama

Two blogs in two days!

Well, last Monday I phoned our insurance broker and sorted out the insurance for the Mini. Bit more pricey than the Ka, but only to be expected.
The documentation came through on Wednesday. I gave it the once over and the fools had got the registration details wrong! They had put a 'P' instead of an 'A'. I phoned them on Thursday (the day we picked it up) and they said, "no problems, we'll amend it and it'll be okay". Saturday comes round and I open the post to discover a new cover note. There was a covering letter saying that the detail had been amended. I check the cover note and still see a 'P' where the 'A' should be!!! Arggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh!
A rather sharp phonecall (from my side) and some apologies (from their side). "We'll send you out some new documentation, sir."
So tax due today and I leave work early to get home, get the post and pop to the Post Office............ what no insurance docs!!!
Another phone call finds that yes, they've got the right registration, but the cover note is only in the post today.
"I need tax today!"
"Well, I'm really sorry. Do you want to pick it up?"
"I think that Downham Market to Bourne and back is pushing it a little, don't you?"

What to do?

I must now point out that the following DID NOT occur and was purely in my mind

So, I know that we're insured correctly (i.e. correct registration) it's just that I don't have the cover note in my position.
Without tax, H isn't insured. How does she get to work? She could use the BM and I could get a lift? Mmmmmmm.
I look at the 'wrong' cover note. My, my a capital 'P' looks similar to a capital 'A' if you put a little stick on the side. I search for a black biro and the deed is done (in my mind only, remember!)
So off I shoot to the Post Office. Hand everything over. I'm sure I wince as the lady behind the counter checks the cover note. She starts to pass it back........ Phew! She pauses...... Gulp! "That 'A' looks like it's been altered". Big, big gulp!!!
After a few nervous moments, she says she'll do it, but to check with the insurance company that they've got it right.

We now have tax............. well we would have if the above had occurred. I don't need a lift into work.

No comments: