Wednesday, June 13, 2007

The Good Times Are Killing Me

Right, going to carry out something that I thought of a while back. I already incorporate music into here quite a bit (more recommendations coming up soon). But what I'm going to try and do is incorporate one of my other passions - cooking.

So when I make something new, I'll post it up here (with pics if I remember).
The lastest creation was risotto that I made on Sunday...

As usual with my cooking, all measures are approximate!

Soften some finely chopped garlic (two cloves) in olive oil
Make up about a pint and half of vegetable stock
Add a good glass of white wine
Add the arborio rice (you'll have to judge how much yourself)
Season
Simmer away so that the rice absorbs the stock
About 15 mins to go, add some crumbled up smoked haddock (two fillets)
Add some king prawns
5 mins to go, add some frozen peas and some rough chopped onion
Just before serving add some grated parmesan to absorb any remaining liquid

It was very, very nice :)


Tonight, I'm throwing something together as well. I've got some leftover fresh spaghetti from the weekend. We also had sausages last night, so I've got four of those. So...

Slice up the sausages
Cut some bacon into strips
Fry both in olive oil
Chop up some onion
Chop up a couple of cloves of garlic
Add these and keep frying
Add a tin of tomatoes
Reduce heat to simmer
Add a couple of sliced chillies
Add roughly chopped basil and coriander
Season a little
Serve over the cooked spaghetti
Add parmesan shavings

So, we'll wait and see on that ones. Like I said, photos if I remember!

I think I wont just publish new stuff. I might post fave stuff of mine that I make anyway.

Edit: So here are the before, during and after pics. It was absolutely delicious :)





No comments: