Monday, June 11, 2007

Make This Go On Forever

Wow, the weekend went a little bit too fast for my liking.

Friday started with the Sams AGM. Well attended and pretty good. Top food and free wine. What more can you ask for £5?

Saturday was really nice again. The weathermen got it so wrong. They predicted rain showers and clouds. We got bright sunshine all day. H decided to weed the front drive, which she did impeccably but it did take her pretty much all day. Meanwhile I washed both cars and topped up my tan and then headed out on the bike for a 15 mile circuit taking in Wimbotsham, Stow Bardolph, Nordelph and back. Averaging 15.6, so pleasing.
Just to make Reg jealous, I cooked up a mass of spaghetti bolognese for dinner.

Sunday saw H heading into Lynn shopping so I decided that a decent walk was in order.
Starting at Castle Rising, I crossed the A149 then followed a stream for a couple of miles before cutting up towards Roydon (waves at Ms Little), then slightly into Pott Row before heading across some Heathland and heading for Castle Rising again. Total was about 11 miles with a minimum guide time of 4.5 hours. I pushed on round in just over 3. I am suffering for the pace a little today though.

No comments: