Saturday, August 26, 2006

Oh Deer

Just a quick couple of pics to post up.

As most of you know, we've got some greenland towards the rear of our garden. It's pretty much surrounded by domestic gardens. I've no idea how acres work, so gonna stick with saying just over a hectare. That said, I've just done a quick calculation and for those of you still using old money, it's about 3-4 acres.

Anyway, there is much wildlife in this area, squirrels, pigeons, crows not to mention the owls. We have seen a deer a couple of times. If you went in there to look for it, you'd never find it I'm sure, but he does like to show himself every so often.
Earlier today, I was in our bedroom and noticed him in the distance. Me & H watched for a bit, and then I went to get my camera.
Being as quiet as I could I crept out to the back fence. Peering over, he was looking straight at me even though I thought I hadn't made a sound. He seemed perfectly happy though, so I took a couple of shots.
The quality isn't brilliant, but here they are...

The first one is at the maximum optical zoom for the camera (3x)


This second is using the digital zoom up to 11x, so the quality suffers a little


So there you have the reason for the awfully cheesy post title!

No comments: