Tuesday, August 22, 2006

So little to do...... so much time

Here we are, second day of first week off. Pretty damn happy.

J&D came on Saturday. Good to see them after ages. We took advantage of a sale at the local Indian restaurant. Yep! A restaurant having a sale, good eh? Absolute bargain price of £32 for a lovely takeaway for four. Really tastey too.
Saturday evening was spent having a good old chinwag.

Sunday, I banged a joint of pork in to slow roast at 8am. There is a story to be told here though. I went to the local butchers on Friday to get a nice shoulder. It was only a young girl who served me. I said I wanted a decent shoulder of pork and she picked two from the window. I picked the largest. Just over 2.2Kg for about £10.
So in it went to the oven. It was only when we got it out to carve that we realised it was actually lamb!!! Bad news - no mint sauce!. Good news - it was lovely all the same.

A nice chilling Sunday. Yesterday was pretty good too although I'm not sure where the morning went.

A few jobs to do today, so best crack on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hehehe Magical Meat eh ?