Saturday, December 16, 2006

Title goes here!

Morning all.

Look at this, I'm really making an effort to post!
What news?
I don't think I mentioned Jack's leg did I?
While we were at H's dad's place, he went out for a bit of a run on the Sunday morning. It was still dark and Robbie heard him yelp, so went to see him and he was all collapsed in a heap. He carried him back to the house. By the time we got up, he was not putting it down. I had a good look at it but could see nothing. The strange thing was that he didn't seem to mind you touching it anywhere.
Anyway, no change after a couple of days so I had him to the vet. Me touching it was fine, but Jack's not a big vet fan! It was a bit of a puzzle for the vet, but after quite a bit of prodding and such like he concluded that he'd pulled his sciatic nerve. The equivalent to us knocking our funny bone, but much more long lasting. Ouch!
Should improve over a week or so. The vet did offer pain killers, but Jack's as hard as nails so we declined. That said, it should have been me with the pain killers after a bill for £25! He was right though, it is improving and he was almost back to normal this morning.

It's still very mild, isn't it? Quite a nice morning and was very bright whilst I was out, but it's just not right for December!

Last night we went out to the local Thai restaurant. We haven't been for ages and were looking forward to it. I was a little worried, as it's approaching Christmas and I thought it may be full. It was empty! Anyway, G&T in hand we chose. Starters were tempura for H and Beef Delight for me (Bits of beef grilled on a skewer and served with satay). Very nice. The wine was good to. Main course duly arrived. H went for chicken with mushrooms & ginger. Myself, stir fried duck with cashews. Both very tasty and the quantity was huge. One thing though. All the way through both of us were thinking. Why are we paying for this? It's not that special. I could have made it at home. Kinda took the edge of it.
There was loads left and we cartoned it up and I had it for brunch this morning!

Right, I'll leave it there. Another tipped hat to Last FM with a bit of code to show my last 10 tracks...

No comments: