Friday, December 29, 2006

Another one gone

Christmas came and went pretty quickly, didn't it? So, what happened?

Saturday was spent doing lots of housework, shopping etc. At about 4.30pm I had just settled down for a well-deserved G&T when my mobile rang. It was work. The main server had failed. Basically, this meant everything had stopped. Pretty serious for, say, a Monday or something. But no, this just happened to be the busiest day of the whole campaign and as it was a Saturday, no-one was about.
I put down my gin and shot off in to work. I'll spare you all the details, but I got away for the final time at about 11.45pm. The phonecalls carried on going for another hour or so.
Onto Christmas Eve. Picked up the turkey and the pork. A final bit of shopping and we were sorted. An evening at our friends, Kev & Sal, was good fun and a nice relaxing evening before the big day.
CHristmas to be spent alone. Bliss. First we popped some presents round to H's mum and called off for a drink on the way back. A great atmosphere in the pub and free drinks to boot. I did the final bit of dinner prep and we dived into our presents. Oooo, I've just remembered that I've got some photos to show. Don't go away!

Here we are, a couple of our lounge all decorated up...




And this is the present haul. I'm not going to list what they are, if you want to know, you'll have to ask.



Boxing Day was spent at H's sister. A nice relaxing time there too.
Back to work on Wednesday and yesterday and I've had today off.
This evening we've got Tim & Bobbie coming up to stay, but they're heading back tomorrow evening. Then it'll be New Year's Eve! We're going round to another friend's for a Murder Mystery evening. I'm both apprehensive and thinking it may be fun, both at the same time.
If I get chance I'll post again before the end of Sunday. If not, see you in 2007.

No comments: