Saturday, August 18, 2007

Oz - Saturday Morning

Right, quick catch up for you.

Thursday day time was spent having a leisurely wander into town and firstly grab something to eat. We then wandered around a bit. I did the tourist thing of just meandering around the streets looking at stuff. There was this guy...



I had offered to cook dinner so after much wandering, I headed off to Woolworths, which in Australia is a food store. Food again was relatively cheap compared to the UK. I also bagged a box of wine. I thought that £4 was pretty good for a 3 litre box. I got home and realised it was a 4 litre box!

So that was Thursday, a quiet one.

Yesterday I got up nice and early to have a walk down to the pier to catch a ferry to Rottnest Island. As the links shows, this is a lovely place. No cars allowed, you get round by bike or foot. I was determined to get round the whole island but managed it. To say it's winter here, it was bloody warm on that bike!

The main inhabitants of the island are quokkas..



I took loads of photos on the island, but these will all be on my Mac page when I get back.

Last night I transferred to a lovely hotel near the City centre. I was given the tip by a lovely lady that I met on the way back from the island.
So now I have a big room with an attached kitchen.
Today I will be heading to Freo (Freemantle) where the markets are said to be really good.
I seemed to have done loads already and I've still got 5 days to go! Bring it on!

No comments: