Thursday, August 16, 2007

Oz Thursday

Firstly - The Steak

The place was the called The Llama bar and is a slightly upmarket place in Subiaco, a couple of stops away from Perth centre.

I can normally take or leave steak. For me it really has to be a top quality cut, and cooked well.
Anna's friend arrived at the same time as us and we grabbed a seat at the only table that wasn't reserved. After a quick beer, Jontel went and ordered the steaks. Mine and hers were medium rare in a mushroom sauce, Anna chose rare in bearnaise.
Feast your eyes...




Oh my God, they were simply glorious. Served on creamy mash and the sauce was divine.
The best part? The price!
In the UK, I swear that this sort of thing would be the best part of £25, we paid $9 (£2.75). The same price as a pint!
I might have to go again next Wednesday before I leave.

Today brings shopping and possibly back to King's Park.

No comments: