Sunday, August 19, 2007

Oz - Sunday Morning

So, yesterday.

Well, I had a leisurely stroll up to the train station, pausing for a roll on the way. Even though I'm getting used to it, the quality and price of food here still makes me smile.

The train system from Perth is very simple. Basically, there are four lines out. These all meet at Perth, so it's just a case of catching the line that your stop is on.
My trip to Fremantle (end of the line) cost me the grand sum of £1.40.

Firstly, I had a bit of a wander. This took me down to the Roundhouse (an old Jail), then to the harbour and eventually back to the town centre where I discovered the markets.
Right outside the entrance to the markets is a large square where buskers take it in turns to perform...



The markets were great and you could sample all sorts of cooked foods mostly with an Asian influence.

I'm a bit of a sucker for buskers, so kept heading back to the square to see the different ones perform.

I took time out to visit the Motor Museum which had a fair selection. I'm sure that Brown snr will appreciate some of the pics that I took, but they'll save for later.

Here is a typical "hold the camera myself" shot, and also one of many bronze statues that are all over the place.



No comments: