Thursday, July 01, 2010

Wed 23rd @ 5.30

Right, where was I?
Ah yes, I just became an DJ's dream interviewee! So, on with the show.
Radio done and about 2 mins later Andy & Jo arrived. I explained all to them and they were a bit gobsmacked - well, as much as you can be at silly-o'clock.

So we have to move luggage across. Myself and Andy agreed to go down in my car, as it's marginally bigger than his. Andy enquires as to how much room we've got. We all seem to have packed fairly heavily, but sensibly i.e. not gone overboard, but allowing for a few eventualities.
I took many, many tips from experts about packing - all good. I will share my wisdom at the end.
We pack A & J's stuff into my, not so tiny, boot and realise that it's a good job that Ben's friend isn't here too, as originally planned.
05.40 and we're off. All good on the road and we start to get to know each other. Typically, we exhibit the normal human behaviour of quite simple questions like, "what do you do?", "got any kids?" etc.
Food is required a few hours in. By memory, we stop just after the M25. Sandwiches go down well. Spirits still very high.
Andy advises a route (against Satnav's instructions) as he has family down that way. All good.
M5 junction 5 arrives. As we approach the sliproad, there are a few cars towards the top of it. Someone says, "Surely that's not the queue to the site.". We all agree that would be silly.
Oh dear. Satnav now says 13 miles to go. More to follow.....

No comments: