Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Wed 24th June @ 11:00

See that ribbon tower on the previous entry? What a great view that would be of the site.
Now having queued for 6 hours yesterday, I really had done the queuing thing. I certainly didn’t fancy wasting anytime stood around whilst there was so much other stuff to do.
Here’s the queue for the ribbon tower as we passed it...



No thank you. So, on we continued up the hill. We found a suitable vantage point and rested our legs. It was a little windy at this point and the ribbons made a fantastic sound as they whipped against the scaffold of the tower.

Here’s the view of the site (3 pics stitched together)



And here’s a view back to our camping field way across the other side of the site. Incidentally, the pics as shown on here are quite small, if you click on them, it will open up in a screen size.



To give you some sort of idea where our tents actually are, look at that last pic. Look straight across and you will see a light green field with two pairs of bushy trees in it. Follow the right hand pair of trees down and you will come to the super-fence. We’re 10-20m in front of the super-fence.

Here’s the view from my tent looking the other way (with a hefty zoom on)



Right. Back to it. We stayed up on this field for a while. The view was spectacular and although the sun was out, the breeze was pleasant. Half an hour or so though and we were on the move again. Back down the hill.
Myself and Jo split up here. She decided to go and try and find some friends, and I fancied a bit of a bimble. This was a really good thing about the way we were with each other, although we went together and camped together, we often left each other alone. Before I went, loads of folk said that it’s great to go by yourself. I wasn’t convinced, as I’m a bit of a social body. Now though, I really do see it.



Although I said that I was going to have a bimble, I hadn’t had chance to catch up with Reg yet, so gave her a quick call. She explained where she was sorta and I headed that way.
Reg was actually working there on one of the main bars so meeting up with her was always going to be tricky, but this was an ideal opportunity.
I found the bar where her and her friends were sat outside, the Bread & Roses (that’s the name of the bar, not her friends). Big hugs and a cider in hand we had some good chats.
After this, I headed back to my tent for a bit of a chill.

No comments: