Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Crazy

Morning!

Been meaning to post for a few days now, but other stuff always seemed to have got in the way.
What the hell has happened to the weather? Thirty odd days of sun and now the rain hasn't stopped. I don't mind a bit of each, but it would be much more convenient if it say, rained at night and was nice and sunny all day. Is that too much to ask?

What's been going on? Well, I went to Berlin last Monday. T'were a Bank Holiday too, there's dedication for you.
Was quite pleased at the airport. I've been after some Rayban Aviators (retro is so now, don't you know?). I managed to pick up a pair for £73, which is about £50 cheaper than I've found them online.
The reason for the trip to Berlin was work-related. I was going for a bit of training on some lab equipment that we've got. Yet again, the Europeans show how hosting should be done. They really did look after us well.
Also on the course was a mixed bag of folks from around the globe. By memory - us two Brits, a Belgian, a Chilean, two French, one Spaniard, one Greek and two Chinese.
The work was fairly intense, but like I said, they looked after us in the evenings. The first evening we had a lovely meal at a superb French restaurant. The second evening was a three hour cruise through the centre of Berlin whilst dining. I've got to admit to having a strange feeling on seeing the Wall for the first time.
Last but not least, the hotel gets a mention. It was very pleasant €51 per night for Berlin! It was used as a training facility for staff too, so most of them were under 25 and it's got to be said, absolutely stunning!

What else?
Thanks to those who've put their hand in their pocket for the sponsored bike ride. I've actually picked up a strained calf at the weekend, so I'm going a bit easy in anticipation of Sunday. I might give it a stretch with 2-3 miles tonight though.

B2 paid a visit last weekend. Didn't spend as much time together as we'd have liked, but still had some good fun. We even had a Scrabble challenge on Sunday. I have to admit to feeling a teeny bit guilty. Nat played a blinder all the way through and thoroughly deserved to win. As luck would have it, I got rid of all my tiles on the last round, so got a big bonus meaning I pipped her at the most. Bit unfair that really.

Right. More later.

No comments: