Monday, May 28, 2007

Two Left Feet

Some very quick points that I want to tell you about...

1. I've got two good books lately (from Amazon - will they give me a discount for the plug?). The first is a fascinating read (so far). It's called Insanity and is a bit of an autobiography by Charles Bronson. The notorious prisoner, not the film director. Extremely good, also quite relevant as he has spent quite a bit of time at Whitemoor, where I'm going to be visiting quite a bit!
The other book is all about HTML, CSS & XHTML writing i.e. it's about how the internet pages are coded. It's something that I've wanted to get into, so watch this space as I guess my trials may be on these very pages.

2. Had a great walk on Saturday. It was on of those moments when I just had to go and do it. I looked up a walk, not too far away and 9.5 miles. Good one. The guide time was 4 hours. Now, I'm not saying that I'm competitive. Well no, actually that's exactly what I am saying. 4 hours? Right, I have so got to beat that! So off I set. The first section followed the Little Ouse from Santon Downham to Brandon. I had shorts on. The path was quite overgrown. I suffered badly from nettle stings.
At Brandon, it then headed off to Weeting and then Weeting Castle before crossing into Thetford Forest. Unforunately, here, the book showed it's age and the directions got a bit vague. I had to follow my nose a bit and I think I went on a one mile detour. Still I picked it up again and was on the home run. I got back to the car and checked the time. Let's call it 10 miles with the detour. That was in pretty much 2.75 hours. 4 hours indeed!
Mind you my legs were a little on the achey side!

3. So a day off exercise yesterday. But today I was determined.. Unfortunately, it's been raining since about 3am, so it was the gym. Could I do 10Km, I asked myself. Sure enough, I dialed it in to the treadmill. 59 minutes later and job done. That feels good to have just gone and done that. The downside being that the bar is now upped. It will have to be 10 miles or 15 Km next.

4. The Downham Carnival / Parade was cancelled today. Shock Horror!

No comments: