Sunday, May 06, 2007

Neon Bible

Carrying on from yesterday's post about running and stuff, I've got two ramblings to share with you today.

The first is by far the most important - pay attention!

On Sunday May 20th, I'm doing a sponsored bike ride in aid Of King's Lynn Samaritans.
I did this last year and loads of folks shared some of their wealth with me. My employer has a scheme whereby everything I raise, they will match. So, if you donate £5, you've actually sponsored me £10!
Please get in touch and sponsor me NOW!
Thanks.

Secondly, partially in preparation for the bike ride, but just because I fancied it really, I went out on the bike this lunchtime. It's pretty windy today, but you take the rough with the smooth.
Why is it, no matter whether I'm running or biking, does the wind play against me? By that, I mean it always is behind me when I start and then when I turn round it's a head wind all the way home. No matter how much care I take to see which way it's blowing and plan my route accordingly.
So today, I decide a route and head off. I wanted to keep above 14mph all the way, so set off at a good pace. I headed up the A10 and soon noticed that the wind was behind me, so I was doing about 16.5mph!
I got to the halfway point, Watlington for those who know it (just near the wonderful Razz's house), I head for home on some back roads and blam - right in my face. So it's a hard 5 mile slog home.
It was hard work, but was quite pleased by the time I got home. I'd managed 12 miles in under 50 minutes which gave me an average of 14.9mph

That's all for today!

No comments: